WANT TO JOIN THE SHORT WING PIPER CLUB?

Thread: Convention Question

Default Convention Question

We are looking for feedback from the membership about our convention. Please chime in and provide your input about the SWPC convention. What do you consider to be the best time of the year for the convention? How many days do you think the convention should be? Is there a part of the country that would be preferred for a convention?

The goal is to make this work for everyone and to get as many people and planes as possible to our annual convention. This is your club and we want you to enjoy everything we have to offer!

Thank you,

Steve

Just my 2 cents (i am in the so cal area) but may be the south west during mid autum or mid spring
    DP

It would be nice to see the website updated. Still seeing nothing but last year's stuff everywhere. Kansas is nice, but I don't think 2 years in a row is the right thing to do. It is interesting that the year 2020 has all been planned, including some chapters. Yet I at this time have not seen one post or request, or club discussion on anything.

When it comes to something like the convention, it has to be planned a year in advance, but that does not mean anything is close to final. I would encourage you to step up and host the 2021 convention. It takes a lot of time and energy to plan something as large and complex as the conveention, and you should see things updated on the website. Feel free to PM me or contoct me directly and I would be happy to discuss things with you.

Steve

Hi Guys
    I'm UK based.
    I'm considering coming over for the 2021 convention.
    What should i expect there & is it worth it for me?
    Martin
    G-BMCS

Hi Martin,

This convention will be at the home of all the fabric covered Piper aircraft, Lock Haven, PA. We will also have a tour of the Lycoming plant along with being at the Piper museum. I would say, YES, it will be worth while for you/

Cheers,

Steve

Location: Do a scatter plot of membership numbers. Alternate east locus and west locus (if that is the correct engineering term) Time of year: September or early October, or late April to early May.
    Scott