WANT TO JOIN THE SHORT WING PIPER CLUB?

Thread: Stringer attach point

Default Stringer attach point

Can anyone tell me where the stringers attach at the rear? Per the fuselage assembly drawing the stringers run all the way back to the same station as the stabilizer jackscrew but there are no attach points in that area. The old stringers have holes drilled in both ends, FWD ends have two holes that match the two holes in the attaching U-channel, the aft ends have a single hole that matches up to nothing. Am I missing some attach points? I just purchased the PA-22/20, S/N 22-4725 as a project I'm trying to see what I have and what I need. It's been through 4 or 5 owners now as a project and has parts of two airplanes. The stringers also appear to be the wrong profile per the same fuselage drawing Fig 4. It's like a giant jigsaw puzzle with missing and extra pieces.

Last TriPacer I covered had wood stringers. As I recall, they fit a channel in the front, had a couple clips as they crossed tubes, and then free floated at the training end, There might have been a loop of safety wire, but I'm not sure. I do remember they were notched as the went over the last fuselage tubes and were tucked inside the tubes by the trim.