WANT TO JOIN THE SHORT WING PIPER CLUB?

Thread: Attention Club Members

Default Attention Club Members

I want to take the opportunity to ask every club member to protect yourselves and your families from the COVID-19 virus. Please take this very seriously and I am asking the Board of Directors to look ahead and see what makes the most sense for the club and the convention scheduled for late June. Please check on your fellow club members and neighbors to ensure that we all survive this!

Your President,

Steve Carruthers

Thanks Steve, I have been looking forward to the convention, but if it has to be cancelled, I understand. So far I am doing well, but I'm being very cautious about going out and who I associate with. There aren't many confirmed cases here in the Midwest, but it only takes one to get things started. Stay safe.
    Dan Miller

Last night the Board of Directors met and in the interst of all of the membership and to protect everyone, the annual convention has been rescheduled. The loacation will remain in the same location, Whictha Kansas on September 14-18. We want to see all of you but only when it is safe for us to gather and not put anyone at risk of getting sick. I hope to see everyone in September!

Steve Carruthers

As of May 1, 2020 we are continuing to monitor the current situation across the country. It was announced today the EAA has canceled Air Venture 2020 for the same reasons and concerns that we have. It is your safety and wellbeing that we have to be concerned with as we move forward we take our responsibility to you very seriously and will ultimately make the decision that is best for you the membership.

I want to ask each and everyone of you for a favor. I would like every SWPC member to call, visit, or email a fellow club member and just make sure they are doing well. I know in this time of social distancing our friends and fellow club members would appreciate a word of encouragement and just to know that we are looking out for each other.

Lets all keep a positive attitude and hope that we can get at least one aviation event in this year and make the SWPC convention the best we can! I look forward to seeing everyone there and spending some time with each and everyone.