WANT TO JOIN THE SHORT WING PIPER CLUB?

Thread: New project 1955 pa-22 150hp

Default New project 1955 pa-22 150hp

I just recently purchased a pa-22 that the restoration was started by someone else patterned after flying magazine’s Aopa’s timeless Tri-pacer. The project ended about 15 years ago when the owner who was an A&P got sick and quit working on it. Got most of the parts but missing the instrument panel got the stc but not the panel. Pictures to come. I also have a 1200 hr 1951 pa-22 125 HP as a parts plane. Is complete except for it was taken apart 20 years ago an missing a lot of smaller parts like rear door, interior, struts, avionics. Got wings, o290, wings, etc. for sale. Compleat logs. Just let me know what you need. Richard.

Hi Richard - Congrats on your purchase. I'll keep my ear to the ground for a panel. Try Eddie Trimmer in Alaska for any parts or systems you might need. He's amazing in his knowledge and capabilities. Do you have an wheel pants you don't need? After flying my PA-22 in Alaska for 20 years I've moved to Texas and want to spiff it up a bit. Let me know if you get a line on any Tripacer wheel pants.
    Thx.

Thank you for the information. I only have one set of pants and the nose is damaged (broken in half) but I’ll keep a eye out in my search for parts.
    Richard