WANT TO JOIN THE SHORT WING PIPER CLUB?

Thread: W&b envelope

Default W&b envelope

Hello.

I am a new member to the SWPC , fairly new to the aviation world, and a proud SWP owner!! I have many questions but have been trying to utilize previous discussions on the site and have been finding some great information, and anwsers

One question i have. For a converted 1957 pa 22/20 with lyc 150 , where would you find or which C OF G envelope do you use? The pa 20 or 22 or should there be a different one?

thanks

Jeremy,
    Your plane is still a PA-22-150 regardless of the conversion and must follow the weight and balance associated with that model unless modified by the conversion STC. So the weight and balance envelope is the one defined in the TC for that model. There are a number of weight balance forms available in the miscellaneous section of the Maintenance Data Depot on the web site. Pick either the generic form or the one for the PA22-150. How you level and weigh the plane will be different because of the conversion, so you may want to use the generic form. Also note that the dimensions for the location of the gear will be different because of the conversion.

Tom Anderson

Tom

Thank you so much for clearing this up! I do have the TC 1A6 revised version and have been using the PA-22-150 PCLM C.G. Range so far. So I'm on the right track ha. The STC was SA45RM. I guess the next step would be to find the information and specs to level and weigh with that specific stc.

thanks Jeremy