• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wag-builder
    SWPC President
    • Dec 2014

Tri-Pacer turns 70

Hey everyone,

2021 is going to be a good year! We got the green light for the 2021 convention in Lock Haven, PA starting June 21 running through June 25. This will be a great Convention and if you haven't registered yet, get signed up! Even this is the 70th anniversary of the PA-22, we are also celebrating the PA-20 because we didn't have a convention last year. We want all of the Short Wing Pipers to show up and make this a convention to remember for years to come.

It doesn't stop there, in July we are going to Oshkosh and again we are getting treated very well and want a great turnout! We have been given 50 parking spots all in a group just for our Short Wing Pipers. We will be staging in Baraboo WI (KDLL) prior to our arrival at (KOSH). We will start arriving at KDLL on July 21, brief on Friday evening July 23 and depart for KOSH on the morning of July 24! To make it even better we have reserved the Tall Pines shelter for a Sunday evening get together.

I will up date this when more information is available, but please let me know if you are planning to attend, so I can get a head count for attendance.

Steve
  • Wag-builder
    SWPC President
    • Dec 2014

Hey all you Pacer, Clipper and Vagabond owners, we would love to see your planes at the convention too. We have a lot of Tri-Pacers registered and some 22/20's, but we also want to see the rest of the Short Wing Pipers, so register and bring them to the convention for everyone to see and appreciate. Come on out and join in the fun and fellowship.

I'll see you there,

Steve

Comment

• Wag-builder
      SWPC President
      • Dec 2014

Yes, we are working on it now! If you can attend, we are gathering at KDLL starting on Wednesday July 21, and will brief Friday evening and depart Saturday morning for KOSH. If you are planning to participate, please let me know your "N" number and how many people are in your party. I am putting a spreadsheet together because we only have 50 spots, and I want to make sure everyone gets a place to park. We also have the Tall Pines reserved for Sunday evening for a get together and a catered dinner, so if you want to attend, please let me know that as well.

We will not be flying in a formation, but it will be an ant trail nose to tail into KOSH. We want everyone to have a great time and be safe!

Please either PM me or email me with your information.
      Hope to see everyone at Oshkosh!

Steve
      [email protected]

Comment

• Wag-builder
        SWPC President
        • Dec 2014

Sorry for the delay in updating everyone. Okay I think I have finally gotten a handle on everything with the you have to get approval from everyone in the world before you can do this. I have finally received the last approval and everything is set!

Baraboo airport KDLL is ready to start receiving airplanes and pilots on Wednesday July 21
        On Friday July 25 we will have a cookout around 6pm with a briefing to follow. With food in their mouth we can talk about what comes next. I will also pass out parking placards
        Saturday morning around 8am we will start our nose to tail trip into Oshkosh. Everyone must have a copy of the NOTAM!!
        Once on the ground at Oshkosh display your Vintage parking placard then when you get to Vintage display your Short Wing Piper placard parking us in Rows 81W & 84W

On Sunday July 25 at 6 pm we will have a catered dinner at the Tall Pines! We are limited to not more than 70 people, so please make sure I have your name to avoid having too many people.
        It will be by donation and the menu is:
        Chicken Marsala and Bacon wrapped Pork Fillet
        Green Beans Amandine
        Baby Red Potatoes
        Fresh Tossed Salad
        Bars and Brownies for dessert
        with canned soda (Pepsi products) and bottled water to drink

If you are not on the list and want to be, let me know! If you want to park with us and cannot make Baraboo I need your email address so I can send you the parking placard! We only have 50 parking spots, so make sure we have your information please.

Have a safe flight and hope to see everyone there

Steve
        [email protected]
        (301) 221-6315

Comment

Super Forumator
          • Sep 2005

If I am not on the list for Tall Pines, please add me and a guest. I'll be driving but hope to meet up with everyone at Baraboo on the 23rd.
          Dan Miller
          SWPC Store Manager

Comment

• Wag-builder
            SWPC President
            • Dec 2014

Trust me Dan, your on the list!

Steve

Comment

• snoskier1
              New Forumator
              • Jan 2014

Thank you to volunteers Steve Wylie and Michael Wylie for capturing EAA Around the Grounds footage at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2021.

At about 1:25 ... N5972H .... arriving at OSH this morning.
              The last aircraft in the flight of 20, I believe ...

Comment

• Wag-builder
                SWPC President
                • Dec 2014

I want to thank everyone for making this a great time and we had an awesome showing of short wings! We also had several award winners among our group, great show by everyone!

Comment

Working...